S-DJ X Series
Introducing the S-DJ X Series of active monitor speakers for DJs.
Stiff aramid fiber woofers in a robust cabinet produce a powerful bass. Domed tweeters use DECO*1 convex diffusers from TAD deliver a wide sweet spot in the mid to high frequencies. A choice of 6-inch and 8-inch in classic black, or 5-inch in classic black or cool white, so DJs can choose a speaker to suit their environment.
- S-DJ80X : 8-inch
- S-DJ60X : 6-inch
- S-DJ50X / S-DJ50X-W : 5-inch
- Powerful bass sound thanks to strong enclosures
In addition to using highly rigid MDF*1 for the enclosure and bass reflex duct parts, the woofer units are directly mounted on extremely thick MDF inner baffles (8-inch: max 33mm thickness, 5-inch/6-inch : max 30mm thickness), which limits unnecessary resonance and produces a powerful bass sound.
- Air flow in bass reflex duct optimized with "Groove Technology"
As well as a front bass reflex system that outputs powerful bass from the front of the speaker, grooves are installed in the bass reflex duct parts to improve air flow with "Groove Technology" that smoothly emits low frequency sounds from the front of the speaker. This makes it possible to output strong drum kick and bass sounds. The design also features other details making these speakers ideal for dance music, including round processing inside the ducts to reduce noise.
- Convex diffuser installed in tweeters with "DECO*2" technology, producing sound with wide response
Tweeters have been installed with convex diffusers using "DECO" technology from the TAD Labs*3 "TAD Pro TSM-2201-LR" monitor speaker as used in professional studios. The convex diffuser partitions mid-range sound into left, right and upper regions, which ensures a wide sweet spot and 3D stereo. The diffuser also features an arc-shaped white illumination in the style of an expanse of sound.
- Driver design for high response and powerful music performance
High response and powerful music performance is achieved with woofer cones made from aramid fiber, which is lightweight and highly rigid, and strong magnetic circuits using large-aperture magnets. Soft dome tweeters use magnetic fluid in the magnetic circuit, which results in balanced, wide-reaching high frequencies.
- Newly designed "Class AB bi-amp" plays all instruments with excellent balance
Well-balanced frequency response across all regions is achieved thanks to a newly design "Class AB bi-amps" adopted in the tweeter and woofer units.
- Equipped with a wide range of input ports (XLR, TRS phone, RCA)
- Features environmentally friendly “Auto Standby” mode, which reduces power consumption by switching power to stand-by if there is no input over a set period of time.
*1 MDF: abbreviation of Medium Density Fiberboard, a type of fiberboard that uses wood fiber as its raw material.
*2 DECO: abbreviation of Diffusion Effectual Convexity by Olson. A technology for improved directionality developed as a proprietary technology by TAD Labs, Inc. based on a technique conceived by H. Olson in the 1950s
*3 TAD Labs: abbreviation of Technical Audio Devices Laboratories, Inc. Pioneer began selling TAD (Technical Audio Devices) branded products in 1978, and these have been adopted by many studios around the world as professional speaker units, earning critical acclaim in the process.
- 1-inch soft dome tweeter
- 8-inch aramid fiber woofer
- Playback frequency range
- 40 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Amplifier output (dynamic power)
- Class A/B bi-amp 160W LF: 125W (70 W) HF: 35W (20 W)
- 10 kΩ
- Input terminals - Balanced inputs
- XLRx1, TRS(1/4 inch PHONE)x1
- Input terminals - Unbalanced inputs
- Maximum dimensions (W x H x D)
- 276 mm x 401 mm x 315 mm
- Weight (1 speaker)
- 11.8 kg
- Power consumption
- 160 W (less than 0.5W)
- Power consumption
- Power cord / User's manual